MYSQL Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

ante.allah.fjante51

Reaction score
Whenever I try to manually install something I get this:
Access denied for user 'XXXX_YYY'@'lotus.x10hosting.com' (using password: YES)

I am confident that I am doing it right, I also tried with localhost and lotus, localhost does the same and lotus does this:

Lost connection to MySQL server at 'reading initial communication packet', system error: 113

well, I know I am doing it right, I entered the data correctly in every field, so any idea?

tried with username XXXX_*
and *
I tried with database XXXX_#
and #

*=MYSQL user
#=MYSQL Database

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
This suggests that you have not entered/setup MySQL properly. Please ensure you have completed all the relevant steps:
http://x10hosting.com/wiki/MySQL

As stated in the wiki article above, the correct host is 'localhost'.

Skizzerz

Contributors
Staff member
Contributors
Reaction score
The hostname should be localhost (JUST "localhost", no port number or anything after it). Make sure that the database and database user both exist in the MySQL Databases section of cPanel, and that the database user was granted access to that database.

ante.allah.fjante51

Reaction score
I followed all relevant steps, the database and the user exist, I typed the correct password, the user has FULL permission.
there is literally nothing wrong with the information.....

EDIT:

Restarted the installation, it works... somehow....

but I just found this:
Warning: file(/home/****/public_html/install/install_2-0_mysql.sql) [function.file]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/****/public_html/install/install.php on line 1041

Warning: implode() [function.implode]: Invalid arguments passed in /home/****/public_html/install/install.php on line 1041
Table '****_DB_NAME.smf_settings' doesn't exist

the installer dun work -_-

darn, nuthin works for me, ever.
**sigh**

Last edited:

Skizzerz

Contributors
Staff member
Contributors
Reaction score
try re-uploading whatever it is you are trying to install, it looks like it was somehow missing files

Status
Not open for further replies.