MySQL Problems on Stoli? Follow this tutorial!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr kennedy

Reaction score
yayy my thread got stuck :D

this is my config on phpbb4 rc 8

<?php
// phpBB 3.0.x auto-generated configuration file
// Do not change anything in this file!
$dbms = 'mysql';
$dbhost = '';
$dbport = '';
$dbname = 'can't tell you this';
$dbuser = 'can't tell you this';
$dbpasswd = 'can't tell you this';

$table_prefix = 'php';
$acm_type = 'file';
$load_extensions = '';

@define('PHPBB_INSTALLED', true);
// @define('DEBUG', true);
// @define('DEBUG_EXTRA', true);
?>

as you can see their is no part of this file write local host could you tell me where it has to go please

Ok here, just copy and edit some info:

PHP:
 <?php
// phpBB 3.0.x auto-generated configuration file
// Do not change anything in this file!
$dbms = 'mysql';
$dbhost = 'mysql.x10hosting.com'';
$dbport = '3306';
$dbname = '(your cPanel username)_(the name of the db you created) ';
$dbuser = ''(your cPanel username)_(the name your chosen username for use with the db)';
$dbpasswd = (the password you put for the username of the db)';

$table_prefix = 'php';
$acm_type = 'file';
$load_extensions = '';

@define('PHPBB_INSTALLED', true);
// @define('DEBUG', true);
// @define('DEBUG_EXTRA', true);
?>

If you still can't settle this problem, PM me, and I might be able to help you tomorrow saturday(GMT +3)

Nice tutorial. The SMF came in useful for me. Have anything for Joomla?

I Already have that on m first post but are you referring to Joomla 1.5?

As for the others, just post for the scripts that aren't here and I'll try to find them and post the solution as soon as I can

Last edited:

GamingX

Executive Team
Reaction score
I was just glancing through the the post and didn't see any logo for Joomla so I must have missed it. Anyway I found it and I've also placed the Joomla logo so that it is easily viewable. I also put up the tutorial for WordPress, if you don't mind.

Last edited:

Axe_Swipe

Reaction score
Thanks for putting this info up mr kennedy. Is there someplace else you can upload the .png tutorial? Where I work, all of the major image hosting sites are blocked :(

Thanks!

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for putting this info up mr kennedy. Is there someplace else you can upload the .png tutorial? Where I work, all of the major image hosting sites are blocked :(

Thanks!

You might actually not need it, it's just got graphics that show where it all goes.

1) Log into cpanel.

2) Under Databases, select Remote MySQL.

3) That should bring up a page that says Add Access Host, with a box and a submit button. Put stoli.x10hosting.com in that box, then hit Add Host.

4) Now go through all your scripts and change the mysql host from localhost to mysql.x10hosting.com :)

That's basically what the image says. On mine when that page refreshed I had 2 new hosts listed under the access hosts. Neither said stoli.x10hosting.com, but I'm betting the two ip's it put there are for stoli - one being the publically accessible version of it, the other being the one behind a router (10.10.*.* sounds like a LAN ip to me).

Hope that helps :)

Garlund

Reaction score
You tried creating a new database and it still does not work?

Note: MySQL will appear offline until we update our status scripts to check the remote server.

Nope, still offline. I'll do some more fiddling around and see what I can come up with. Also, I'll wait for the update to x10hosting's scripts to check the remove server lol. Most likely my bad :stupid:

Thanks again Corey! x10hosting is still the best :)

Axe_Swipe

Reaction score
You might actually not need it, it's just got graphics that show where it all goes.

1) Log into cpanel.

2) Under Databases, select Remote MySQL.

3) That should bring up a page that says Add Access Host, with a box and a submit button. Put stoli.x10hosting.com in that box, then hit Add Host.

4) Now go through all your scripts and change the mysql host from localhost to mysql.x10hosting.com :)

That's basically what the image says. On mine when that page refreshed I had 2 new hosts listed under the access hosts. Neither said stoli.x10hosting.com, but I'm betting the two ip's it put there are for stoli - one being the publically accessible version of it, the other being the one behind a router (10.10.*.* sounds like a LAN ip to me).

Hope that helps :)

Thanks :) I kinda figured it out when I went into my account panel and saw the notice there for what to do.

mr kennedy

Reaction score
I was just glancing through the the post and didn't see any logo for Joomla so I must have missed it. Anyway I found it and I've also placed the Joomla logo so that it is easily viewable. I also put up the tutorial for WordPress, if you don't mind.

nah I don't mind ;)

Garlund

Reaction score
!!!

Oh my goodness! Its up! MySQL is back online! Yes! Oh praise you x10hosting! Oh lord its back up! Thank you, thank you so much! You are so totally aweseome! I'm so happy I could cry! Oh thank you so very much! You rock!

x10hosting, I love you! :bowrofl:

mr kennedy

Reaction score
how do i do this for zencart

zen-cart-logo.jpg

1. Login to your cPanel
2. Do my tutorial for MySql on my first post.
3. Go to your File manager
4. On File manager, go to your ZenCart's Installation folder
5. Go to directory '/admin/includes'.
6. find 'dist-configure.php' and click edit.
7. find:
PHP:
  define('DB_SERVER', 'localhost');
8. Replace with 'mysql.x10hosting.com' and save.
9.Go back up to your public_html folder
10. go to folder '/includes/'
11. find 'dist-configure.php' and click edit.
12. find:
PHP:
  define('DB_SERVER', 'localhost');
13. Replace with 'mysql.x10hosting.com' and save.
------------------------------------------------
Anymore scripts?

laeresh

Reaction score
Ive just got some webspace from my friend, at strato www.strato.nl
but it always says it cant connect to mysql, while the scripts are set to mysql.x10hosting.com, yes i have the database on it...

i just find it weird why it doesn't work :S

serpente

Reaction score
mysql is down... I wanted to install mysql I made from my machine ... How can I make it visible?

xN3uRoNx

Reaction score
It's still offline for me. I changed in my "connect.php" file localhost to "mysql.x10hosting.com" and also i tried adding stoli.x10hosting.com to the new list of hosts, but it wouldn't even add it? It said it added, but when i go back, it doesn't update, adding stoli.x10hosting.com to the list of allowes hosts? Is it just still temporaraily down or am I doing something wrong.

nat1192

Reaction score
This would have worked had it not been for the fact that the MySQL server must have been migrating while I was working as I have lost all my tables for MediaWiki, SMF, and ProjectPier. That'll teach me to make backups more often.

QuwenQ

Reaction score
Added the ZenCart tutorial to the first post. :)

Last edited:

ArLinD

Reaction score
I want to install scripts for the first time but Fantastico isnt working cus of mysql. What should i do? I need to set up index guys!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.