need a little help!

blackpsycho

Reaction score
ok heres what i am trying to do:
i want to make it so that my website restricts access to a certain folder from some members and allows access to it for others.. wether or not they can access it would be a setting in my member database saying yes or no.. how can i run something that will check the database to see if they have access to this folder or not and then allow or deny access to it? i know how to do access to pages but not to a complete folder like that.. can anyone help or forward me to something that would help?

cottdawggz

Reaction score
hi first thing we need to know is what type of site are you talking about. are you using ipb, phpbb, vbulletin or a site you have coded your self. i personly use ipb and its easy to do you just need to create a new permission set called somthing like vip and then you can set the permissions for that forum. the only other way that does not involve coding and mysql is just make it a password protected directory in cpanel and just give the password to the members you want. it really depends on what type of site your talking about and how you should go about it.

blackpsycho

Reaction score
well first off the site is not being hosted on here as te files i am hosting are not allow.. mp3's and such.. the point of the site is to allow members access to certain songs and files... each of which will be in a seperate folder.. i want to be able to say which folders they can access so that certain members can only access the songs and certain members can only access the files and certain members can access both.. using the cpanel protected directory would not allow me to remove access from a member without having to change the password.

cottdawggz

Reaction score
this can be done like i explained before using like a forum like ipb and restricting certain groups from diffrent forums. so you could make a post in one forum and place ur link to the file etc. as long as you make sure that ur indexing in turned of so it would be practicaly imposible for other members to guess the file link. if you catch my drift other than that i cant really help you.

GamingX

Executive Team
Reaction score
MP3 Files are allowed but those MP3 files are not allowed which are protected by copyright. We don't allow illegal material on the x10 Servers.