[PHP] Adding SMF?

J.P.Franklin

Reaction score
Ok I am very, very new to this. I created a simple site, and I wish to make it into forums with SMF installed. I have SMF on my computer, how do I turn my homepage into my SMF forums. I simply can not find it.

TechAsh

Retired
Reaction score
The easiest way would be to backup you site, then delete the files in the public_html folder, and upload SMF using FTP. Once everything has uploaded you need to go to your website, and install the forums.
There done.
Note - This will erase your current site and replace it with SMF (Is this want you wanted?)

If that isn't what you wanted you could include the forums in your current homepage. You would still need to upload SMF and install it but this time put it in a folder called 'smf' or 'forums'. Then put this in your homepage (It must be called index.php) where you wnat the Forums to appear.
<?php
include(/smf/index.php)
?>

If something goes wrong you can always upload the backup you took.

Last edited:

TheOutfit

Reaction score
Ash, i think he is meaning he wants to make a forum tab?
just install the forums & make a link on the pages (or if you were smart you made a side-nav file that you include in php) & just add the link <a href="link"> Forums </a>

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
If you need any help with SMF please feel free to visit my forums. The link is in my sig. :)

BorderLineSigs

Reaction score
Fatal error: SUHOSIN - Use of eval is forbidden by configuration in /home/borderls/public_html/forum/Sources/Load.php(1726) : eval()'d code on line 1726
thats what my error is...PLEASE HELP =D ty... also if u can pm me the answer as well it would be great =D tyVM

LHVWB

Reaction score
if you actually want to properly integrate your site with your forums, ie. same template and etc.
Then you might want something like this.
Post if you want me to show you what I did to integrate smf.
Because its actually quite easy to do, and I can post the code changes.

Last edited:

LHVWB

Reaction score
I'm writing a tutorial for it, I'll try to finish it and upload it to here.
But It could take me a while to finish it.

BorderLineSigs

Reaction score
ya i say that...but it was kinda small...xP but basically my problem is that it wont load up the main page of the forum =O also... i wanna make the forum NOT my home page...like my home page will have a LINK to the forum xP

LHVWB

Reaction score
can't you just put a simple link in then, or do you actually still want the template?

LHVWB

Reaction score
The theme I am using with SMF can be found here.

If all you want to do is have a forum on your site then you just need to have a link in between your site and the forums, the tutorial which I will make will explain how to fully integrate your site into SMF so that your site and smf use the same template and look the same.