PHP Mail() not working with gmail. Please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, you'll find them start to come through now.

dcc420x1

Reaction score
Hotmail accounts are still not receiving emails from my site, all the other providers I've tested seem to be fine, albeit slow...but I can live with that for now.

sicelx10

Reaction score
Hotmail accounts are still not receiving emails from my site, all the other providers I've tested seem to be fine, albeit slow...but I can live with that for now.
Same here, but how new users will receive the email activation for my website if they use Outlook :/

dcc420x1

Reaction score
This issue is still persisting, I have sent several test emails in the last few hours (including manually sent emails) and still nothing is being received by any hotmail/outlook accounts from my x10 address.

aquariu8

Reaction score
Its not just X10. I signed up on another free hosting service, threw up a piece of forum software, and the email registration wont work there either. No idea what the problem is but it dont appear to be just on this server.

leafypiggy

Staff member
Reaction score
This is most likely outlook/hotmail/live Mail blocking our server. Not much we can do.

dcc420x1

Reaction score
That's a poor response IMO, I understand I cannot expect much from a free hosting provider, but to say that we cannot send emails to hotmail users and you are unable to do anything is ridiculous.
I might not mind so much if it were a small, relatively unknown email provider, but c'mon - almost everyone has a hotmail account.

Last edited:

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
That's a poor response IMO, I understand I cannot expect much from a free hosting provider, but to say that we cannot send emails to hotmail users and you are unable to do anything is ridiculous.
I might not mind so much if it were a small, relatively unknown email provider, but c'mon - almost everyone has a hotmail account.

Microsoft's outlook/hotmail/live Mail is blocking their (x10hosting) server
What do you think they (x10hosting) can do about it ??

dcc420x1

Reaction score
Microsoft's outlook/hotmail/live Mail is blocking their (x10hosting) server
What do you think they (x10hosting) can do about it ??
They could try talking to them to see why they're being blocked and try to come to a resolution on behalf of most likely hundreds of their users affected in this way...but like I said, I don't expect much from a free provider, so I understand if they don't want to dedicate the resources to this.

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
Have you ever "Talked" to Microsoft about this type of issue ??

I have other hosts that Microsoft blocks the Email from - and two (2) they do not block

x10hosting is more than free-hosting - they have the "resources" but they also know (like most of us) that it would be a waste of resources

sicelx10

Reaction score
Have you ever "Talked" to Microsoft about this type of issue ??

I have other hosts that Microsoft blocks the Email from - and two (2) they do not block

x10hosting is more than free-hosting - they have the "resources" but they also know (like most of us) that it would be a waste of resources
Agree with you, i have other hostings that cant send mails to Outlook through php.

leafypiggy

Staff member
Reaction score

As I guess wasn't implied, we are looking into it, but it's not really our greatest concern, we're currently starting to plan migrations to new platforms for our servers and that's taking up a lot of our time.

dcc420x1

Reaction score
Ok, I concede that it may be a waste of resources and now leafypiggy has said it is being looked into I feel a bit better about the issue...it's still a hassle, but I'm sure I can create a workaround in the interim.

Status
Not open for further replies.