Port 30000 open?

Status
Not open for further replies.

firsthit

Reaction score
I'm trying to have my shopping cart (open cart) access Canada Post sellonline.canadapost.ca on port 30000 and am getting the error message "Error connecting to Canada Post"
All searches reference that your host must allow fsock connections and port 30000 be unblocked to connect to canada post servers. Could you tell me if fsock is enabled and port 30000 is unblocked and bidirectional on the server?
I'm testing this site with free hosting (so far I'm quite pleased) and hoping to have it go live soon on here with paid hosting.

Thanks !!

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
No, you're pretty much restricted to HTTP (port 80) on Free Hosting; other ports will not be opened due to the potential for abuse (which, in the case of Free Hosting, also means excessive traffic/latency in responding to requests due to the number of accounts per server). The world is different on the Premium side; Free Hosting is not a trial environment for Premium.

firsthit

Reaction score
Wow! quick reply and completely understandable. I'll upgrade to premium! Will those ports be available on that side?

Thanks again!!!

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
You should be able to open them (or get them open), provided that it's not something restricted (by virtue of having no legitimate use other than malicious activity).

Status
Not open for further replies.