PS2 vs. PS3

hermitobserver

Reaction score
Is there any reason why a ps3 is soooo much more expensive than everything else. It doesn't look or seem too special to me. My friend said him buying one was a waste of his money.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
The PS3 is more powerful than a PS2 by a long shot. The reason it's expensive is because of the Blu-Ray Drive mainly, but it's also because of the HD graphics card it has as well. Really, there's no way to compare it even through price.

soporteweb

Reaction score
ps3 es 100% more better, hd graphics, and play Blue Ray Disk, the games es better but the price is more,

VPmase

Reaction score
1) This thread should be in the Gamer's Lounge forum.

2) PS3 has blu-ray (25-50gb memory), a built in harddrive, Wireless (internet, and controls), can do much more (dual boot with an OS, store movies, pictures, music with its home screen, PSN, etc) and etc.

Zangetsu

Reaction score
if you cant choose GET both its as simple as that just save up untill you have between 1500-2000 and get a full HD tv with a 360 + PS3, and i know im going to get some comments like: why save up ? when the 360 is better.
A. i dont care which is better it all comes down to the same point and thats entertainment.
B. full HD tv's are getting cheaper by the month, if you wanna play you dont have to play them on a 50, 60 ,70" tv cuz A. they are to big B. to pricey, 30- 40 inch is good enough (40-1039,00, 30-845,99 cheapest here)

its as simple as that

Kayos

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
its as simple as that

Simple as what? That's not even the topic here.

The reason the initial price of the PS3 was so high ($600) was because Sony thought the Playstation name would sell no matter the price. This turned out to be a huge mistake and the price drops ensued in the months to come. We now have seen like 2 price drops and 4 major SKU revisions...all in a 2 years time.

The price is still to high.

Zangetsu

Reaction score
Simple as what? That's not even the topic here.

The reason the initial price of the PS3 was so high ($600) was because Sony thought the Playstation name would sell no matter the price. This turned out to be a huge mistake and the price drops ensued in the months to come. We now have seen like 2 price drops and 4 major SKU revisions...all in a 2 years time.

The price is still to high.

didnt you read the quote ?
i am talking about both consoles here

it doesnt matter how low the ps3 is gonna cost you still have to get an HD tv to get the quality you want and i know that most of us want HD

Last edited:

Kayos

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
didnt you read the quote ?
i am talking about both consoles here

it doesnt matter how low the ps3 is gonna cost you still have to get an HD tv to get the quality you want and i know that most of us want HD

That'd be ok if it was talking about the PS3 vs 360 but it's the PS3 vs PS2.

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
The PS3 is better than a PS2 hands down, much like how a 360 is better than an old Xbox.

The problem with the PS3 is that its slow and lacks good games.