Reduce Warn Level Period!

TheJeffsta

Reaction score
You should reduce the period of time that the warn points are kept for. 99999 days is a pathetically long period of time. Maybe reduce it to about 730 (2 years) at the most.

And plus, it seems stupid to have a post with:

'It is in the google index with only the list of contents of my account

Current Update: It is now no longer in it at all for some reason'

Jeffreyn

Banned
Reaction score
I want to know why my TheJeffsta account was banned from this forum?

I only have 5 warning point things and replied to my forum mod application to say i was no longer interested in becoming a forum mod and then I try to come on today and I was banned!

Anyway, so why was my account banned (a reason) and how long is it banned for?

Fatality

Reaction score
I will find out why and PM you.

Please do not make a second account, though.. If you need to find out why you´re banned there has to be some way you can contact an admin or moderator without making a new name, such as MSN AIM or any of that.

Matthews255

Reaction score
The warn stays for that long, christ.

I posted "Nice, 9/10" and got warned by Corey because i should have posted a reason why it was nice.

I think 2 years is too long to. 2 months is more like it.

Fatality

Reaction score
We´ve had a few discussions about that.. I thikn it´s fine, some of our staff members have warnings and don´t generally complain, I mean, it´s not that bad unless it leads to a ban. Is there a problem with having warning points for the rest of your life there?

Though, if Corey agrees with you and changes it, then so be it.. I´m not trying to argue, but I am just proving a small point.

The simple fact is if you don´t do stuff that isn´t allowed, even if it isn´t that major, then you won´t be warned..but if you do, well, then you get a little warning. It´s just a little red point against you. BUT they do lead to bans, so don´t abuse the ability to get a warning anyways..

It´s better to have a red mark than a big fat ban. :)

dsfreak

Reaction score
True. I think the whole "Nice 9/10" thing is true, you could just be using it as a way to a free post. The warning system is here for a reason, regardless of how long they last for, it justs marks you as someone who has broken a rule, big or small.

Matthews255

Reaction score
yeah, im now clocking all posts like mine and will be reporting them to Corey as its not fair if they get away with it.

mattspec

Reaction score
i think that you should be able to get rid of your warn status for good behavior, like i only have one warn, but i dont want it forever...mods are getting better with pming warns before marking it though ^.^

Mani5

Reaction score
yea' but they shud reduce da time b4 we can re-enter da forumz..7 dayz is too much! I was temporarily banned..I missed u guyz..{sob} :(

-Mani

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Points will stay for 30 days. Warnings will stay active to be seen for 45 days. Not sure why you were banned TheJeffsta, you are unbanned now. The ban period will remain at 7 days.

-Corey

Mani5

Reaction score
ok...THANX ALOT COREY for cahnging da points period to 30 dayz! I LOVE X10 HOSTING!!

Phil

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Corey said:
Points will stay for 30 days. Warnings will stay active to be seen for 45 days. Not sure why you were banned TheJeffsta, you are unbanned now. The ban period will remain at 7 days.

-Corey
9999 to 30 big step. I hope you all like it better this way. :)

mattspec

Reaction score
very much appreciated, WHOOT!!! i cant wait to get that red off of my name! tyvm corey, this is a very reasonable system now!

Alejandro

Staff
Staff member
Community Support
Reaction score
I think 30 days is more than fair Corey. 99999 days was crazy lol.

Chirantha

Reaction score
Hay? It has not chaged :( the days are still at 99999. :( Why has not been chaged?

XUnreal

Reaction score
Matthews255 said:
The warn stays for that long, christ.

I posted "Nice, 9/10" and got warned by Corey because i should have posted a reason why it was nice.

I think 2 years is too long to. 2 months is more like it.

I agree, ive got 5 warn points, the moderator who warned me had this comment:
funny

WTF?!? It screwed up anyway, was the luckiest week of my life, apart from my G/F dumping me :S

pensoftware

Reaction score
I got warned by Tyler for posting "Gmail invites" before someone posted a Sticky topic about not posting them.

Phil

Retired Staff
Reaction score
pensoftware said:
I got warned by Tyler for posting "Gmail invites" before someone posted a Sticky topic about not posting them.
The warn days were reduced to 30 as I know.

If you did do this befor the sticky was posted show me your topic and i'll look at the date on the sticky topic and see if your right or rong.

Last edited: