Sign-up Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thav

Reaction score
"Sign-up Error
Unfortunately an problem occurred while completing your sign-up."

Searching the forums, this appears to be a known problem when creating accounts, but none of the threads I found had steps to resolve, so I'm posting here. I use a + sign in my e-mail address, and sometimes that throws off e-mail validation on some websites, even though I did get the confirmation e-mail.

caftpx10

Reaction score
Are you using anything like a VPN or proxy? Mobile networks also count (they use a proxy too).

Bryon

I Fix Things
Reaction score
Hi, what specific page are you getting this error on? Is it while confirming the address after receiving the email? We should be able to support email addresses with + characters no problem, but something perhaps is going wrong there.

Thav

Reaction score
No VPN, no proxy. Didn't get a chance to try from work today though. I got the error first after confirming from the confirmation link I received via e-mail. Now I can recreate by

1. logging in from the front page of x10hosting.com which brings me to
  2. x10hosting.com/sso/login, where I log in, which brings me to
  3. .../sso/confirm saying "Email Confirmation; Your account has been confirmed". Pressing continue here brings me to
  4. .../sso/signup/pending. The error page in the original post

mannnn

Reaction score
We are having the same issue. I made the account on my laptop then verified the email on my phone, but its on the same wifi so Idk what's wrong.

Thav

Reaction score
I tried logging in from work today, still no success, so it appears not to be a proxy issue. I am located in the US, if that makes a difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.