Subdomain to point to x10 site alone

Status
Not open for further replies.

srfrmac87

Reaction score
So i am not sure how to describe what i am trying to achieve except that ultimately, my goal is to have 2 subdomains run on x10 and my domain run independently.

I have my main domain: "mydomain.com" tied to my website and other uses, which i am not looking to change at this point (may be changed in future).

I am looking for 2 subdomains "site1.mydomain.com" to be pointed at my x10 site "myuser.pcriot.com/site1" same for site2 respectfully.

I read up on the process and tried a couple different things to attempt to get this to work. So far, i changed DNS on my provider to the two DNS serveres by x10, added "mydomain.com" as an addon domain on the site. That was working as when visiting that site, I get the x10 site base site (myuser.pcriot.com). After the rest is set up, I would change it back to original functionality to preserve my original website and other functionality.

After that I set up the subdomain with x10 for site1. my "site1.mydomain.com" works no problem, but I cannot add site2 as it says after i add my addon domain both of the subdomains are taken. I go to remove the addon domain and cannot remove the domain without first removing subdomain from it also. which i understand but doesnt help with my predicament.

In other attempts, I also have added a cname on my provider to have subdomain "site1" point to "myuser.pcriot.com." and that does not work (intentionally pointed at base site). I have tried several variations of this to no avail.

So any hints on how to get "site1.mydomain.com" pointed at "myuser.pcriot.com/site1" and "site2.mydomain.com" pointed at "myuser.pcriot.com/site2" while maintaining "mydomain.com" independently?

srfrmac87

Reaction score
So,

I would still like to do what I have above, but I am trying to at least have a little compromise if what is above cannot be accomplished (not sure either way)...

I am trying to get "x10.mydomain.com" to point to "myuser.pcriot.com"

My cname points to it but when attempting to load x10.mydomain.com, instead of loading the "myuser.pcriot.com" site (which is "Hello World" wrapped in basic html and body) it loads:
Index of /

with nothing after that. Loading "myuser.pcriot.com" successfully produces "Hello World"

any help or insight would be appreciated for this phenomenon.

cubersn2

Reaction score
If it is pointing, it points to index.html on that site, if there is no index.html it will show the directory

Status
Not open for further replies.