suggestion for points system

mattspec

Reaction score
i think that it would be very VERY helpful if the points transfer system had a place for a comment and also a log, so you can check who sent you how many points when and for what. this is very helpful for the marketplace people

mattspec

Reaction score
yeah, i like the way that forum gold works on ipb d2jsp.org has an AWSOME system

03moscropl

Flash Freak
Reaction score
another idea would be if you post had more that 14 relpys you got a bonus 5 points!

Phil

Retired Staff
Reaction score
mattspec said:
i suppose, but please pot that in your own thread
It fits in this topic fine.

Corey won't see this for a while well till monday at least, I'm not sure if Tyler/Richerd/Bigguy are able to change that stuff on the forums.

Last edited:

Tyler

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Im not sure if the point system in place has those options. Maybe if corey really likes the idea, he can make something up :)

Jake

Developer
Contributors
Reaction score
or he'll offer it to us to make... but you know it sounds like it could be a good idea... i mean i dont know if its really nessesary but it could be useful.

@03moscropl - that would make people reply just to get up to the number needed to get those points, and the forum would become overrun with posts like "that sounds cool" and "i like that template"

dharmil

Reaction score
I dont understand point system

I dont understand point system
can any one explain

03moscropl

Flash Freak
Reaction score
the point system is when you post a forum topic it gets added to you points if you reply to one its 1 point if you start a new tread its 2 with these points you can buy things like doamins advertising and stick threads and cutom titles you can see how much points you have on the left under the post count you can also donate to other members.

mattspec

Reaction score
yeah the more posts required to get "bonus" points, just leads to more spam and double posts

03moscropl

Flash Freak
Reaction score
or insterad of post count what about word caount the more words in a topic the more poinys you get and we are always going to have some sort of spam anyway!

mattspec

Reaction score
if corey doesnt respond, does that mean the the suggestion is disarded or has not been looked at?

Jake

Developer
Contributors
Reaction score
i think he has been busy with the server for a while, and now with this password stuff, he'll probobly look at it later...

anyways, i stick to what i said, you shouldnt give more for more replys, then people will start spamming... or at least dont tell people you get more :)

mattspec

Reaction score
DarkD45 said:
anyways, i stick to what i said, you shouldnt give more for more replys, then people will start spamming... or at least dont tell people you get more :)

agreed, i await coreys response ^.^

mattspec

Reaction score
just want to bump this up to the first page ^.^ it looks like corey is taking a gander through these things now that the server is stable ^.^

Phil

Retired Staff
Reaction score
mattspec said:
just want to bump this up to the first page ^.^ it looks like corey is taking a gander through these things now that the server is stable ^.^
He will look at it, You can try sending him a PM.