[Support] Email Forwarding not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

justinx7

Reaction score
I'm trying to set up my account so I can get emails sent to my personal account connected to my domain (My parked domain) and those emails forward to my gmail... (justin*****@gmail.com)

Why is it not working and why are messages delayed?

lylex10h

Reaction score
Hello, I've tried to replicate your issue using my account on xo7.x10hosting.com . I set testforward@kolbys.net (since deleted) to forward to my @gmail.com account, sent a message from my work account to testforward@kolbys.net and message arrived. Since I cannot duplicate your issue based on the information you have provided, please provide the following information so community support may better assist you:
What server are you on? (ex. xo7.x10hosting.com)
What is the forwarding address? (in my case it was testforward@kolbys.net)
What is the email address you are sending from?

justinx7

Reaction score
Hello, I've tried to replicate your issue using my account on xo7.x10hosting.com . I set testforward@kolbys.net (since deleted) to forward to my @gmail.com account, sent a message from my work account to testforward@kolbys.net and message arrived. Since I cannot duplicate your issue based on the information you have provided, please provide the following information so community support may better assist you:
What server are you on? (ex. xo7.x10hosting.com)
What is the forwarding address? (in my case it was testforward@kolbys.net)
What is the email address you are sending from?

It has started working. :) I think there was an a slight delay in things as I Reactivated this x10 account and deleted my other x10 account to follow TOS.

Can I use this as my personal email address? or would x10Staff be able to look into my inbox. lol?

lylex10h

Reaction score
Emails are files so they count towards your inode and size limit. Also if they larger than 10MB (i.e. contain attachments), they will be deleted after a set amount of time. I don't think this is affects pure forwards since the message/file is not really saved on the server (AFAIK). Please keep this mind if you choose to use this for personal email.

Emails are files, usually text files like txt, html, css, js, etc. Someone with root access can read those files. They probably have better things to do though.

Status
Not open for further replies.