The Forum

Conor

Reaction score
Just a quick comment. I think the ads on the forum itself are getting too numerous. Everywhere you look there is an ad. I know what you provide is free and you need support...but that much?

Tyler

Retired Staff
Reaction score
They spend alot on this.. I dont think anyone is going to mind a couple ads for awesome service like this ;)

Conor

Reaction score
True I am just saying that if people aren't going to support them by clicking on the top ad they aren't likely to click on the one at the bottom either.

The_Magistrate

Reaction score
If the banners start rotating, then there will be a better chance of someone clicking on one. I have clicked on google ads before just to fulfil a curiosity for an offer displayed. Besides, a few ads never hurt anyone. :)

n4tec

Reaction score
there is nothing wrong with the ads here and there... i seem to never notice them... just kidding!!!

*4*

Jimbob

Reaction score
Meh, Banner ads, are fine.. Popup ads though, why would you click on something so annoying? I do tend to click on google ads on sites quite often, Usually when i'm looking for something, its like google search without going back to google ;). Plus you support the guy thats 2 thumbs up

n4tec

Reaction score
@ Jimbob: what have you posted about?

@ Conor, @ Auvee, @ Corey, @ x10 members: If I am wrong please correct me is the main topic about x10 ads on the x10 forum. if not what?

*4*

MicrotechXP

Reaction score
I know its just a couple of ad's it won't hurt our reputation in x10 unless you use Ad bloack in FF or on Norton.... WHo is doing that not me!

dsfreak

Reaction score
Hey, Auvee, I think nforchange meant is this thread about x10 ads, or about the forum.... I never notice the 2 ads! Lol

stealth_thunder

Reaction score
:blink: I just got lost while reading the entire post on this but for my views ads no matter how many are there, as long as it dun look like some crappy graphics, the best is look like x10advanced banner is the best of all.

I mean if you want such great service for free then you should be prepared to contribute back to that free service.

For ads that look nice or have provide me very good services I dun mind putting ads on my site for them.

cheers guys

MicrotechXP

Reaction score
Yes as long as they do not get anyoying and they are really bad... they are all irght I also don't mind puting it on my site but if it gets annyoing no body will want to come to my site anymore even though that this is a free service.

monkey dust

Reaction score
yea i agree u understand why we need them but in moderation banner at the top and maybe on at the bottom or down the site i hate popups but i have firefox so they dont really bother me but they are still anoying

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
I dont know why these ads are annoying, you cant go ANYWHERE on the net these days without seeing ads. There all over the place. One or two on x10 is not going to kill us. I have seen places where the ads ARE everywhere, like google ads right in the posts you make. That is getting to much. One at the top and one at the bottome is nothing compared to some places you go.

NewFuture

Reaction score
i fink the x10 ads look professional, it makes the site look professional, i arnt bothered about the ads being there, at least x10 is makin some money out of this, we all take for granted the free hosting but it isnt doing anyfin for x10, so this is how they make money to keep the great service.

Articz

Reaction score
i personaly dont mind a few ads on sites the only thing i hate would be the site having over 5 adverts on each page.

MicrotechXP

Reaction score
Like BigGuy said I also have seen them everywhere in posts even where you are going to type your message... x10 will not get killed over 2 ads it just dose not matter all that matter is that you press on them so they can make some money....

oab

Reaction score
NewFuture said:
i fink the x10 ads look professional, it makes the site look professional, i arnt bothered about the ads being there, at least x10 is makin some money out of this, we all take for granted the free hosting but it isnt doing anyfin for x10, so this is how they make money to keep the great service.

I doubt X10 is making ANY money.. anyway i dont see why you guys are making such a big deal about these ads, and there anrent any ads in the footers, 1 puny stinking ad at the top of each page!!, thats like nothing, ive seen WAYYYY worse free hosting companies with twice or more times as many ads as x10 does. I love x10. lol

chaganlal1

Reaction score
yea i agree with being thankfull and showing your gratitude with hosting liek this by placing a few ads on your site - fine with me

Conor

Reaction score
bigguy said:
I dont know why these ads are annoying, you cant go ANYWHERE on the net these days without seeing ads. There all over the place. One or two on x10 is not going to kill us. I have seen places where the ads ARE everywhere, like google ads right in the posts you make. That is getting to much. One at the top and one at the bottome is nothing compared to some places you go.
I am just SAYING that if you want people to click on ads, putting more up won't help.