Vertical Ads

Bonekhan

Reaction score
Err... Please?

Text ads aren't that big of a problem, but the option to make the Corporate ads vertical would be great as they look... absolutely deplorable on my website :(

In short, I'm either forced to put them at the footer, the only place they look half-way decent, or break the layout of my page to display them. Because of current restrictions, I am doing the latter.

-Bonekhan

SEÑOR

The Guy Everyone Hates
Reaction score
Thats a great idea. I dont know hwhy no one has ever thought of it!

jaygreentree

Reaction score
I have been thinking about that as well. It might also be nice to be able to change the colors of the backgrounds/text to match out sites even more.

Chris Z

Reaction score
this would be nice, but way too hard to let each user on x10 customize the ads to fit the theme of their site, but i think maybe the vertical ads would be possible, i think this has been suggested to Corey before but i'm not sure what the problem was :dunno:

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Chris Z said:
this would be nice, but way too hard to let each user on x10 customize the ads to fit the theme of their site, but i think maybe the vertical ads would be possible, i think this has been suggested to Corey before but i'm not sure what the problem was :dunno:

Umm the ad code isnt customizable, it could be though with some work:)

Chris Z

Reaction score
i'm talking about via the control panel for this set of ads, i'm sure it is customizable, but it would take waaaaaaaaaaay too long to try to make a theme for each member's site, it takes forever for me to just do one template of ads for my site

Bonekhan

Reaction score
Chris Z said:
i'm talking about via the control panel for this set of ads, i'm sure it is customizable, but it would take waaaaaaaaaaay too long to try to make a theme for each member's site, it takes forever for me to just do one template of ads for my site

But... Are vertical ads possible? :)

Chris Z

Reaction score
i'm not sure, as i've never used Yahoo Publisher ads, so ya, not totally sure there but i assume that it is possible

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Yes Yahoo! ads are customizable

Jake

Developer
Contributors
Reaction score
both yahoo and google ads have vertical, horizontal, text, half banners, everything you can think of. the only problem would be we'd have to change a few things to let the ad scripts know that you have the right ads, but i am sure it could be done.

Last edited:

disturbedart

Reaction score
Be great if x10 provided both vertical and normal ads as this could mix into many more sites. Great way of keep customers happy.

Micro

Retired staff <i> (11-12-2008)</I>
Reaction score
Yep, but the ad script would have trouble finding your ads if you customise them and its not made for it. I think i may wait for these decisions before starting work on the ad detection script i may start work on in a few weeks.

Bonekhan

Reaction score
I hope this gets done soon. I love my website, but I simply will not ruin it with horizontal ads that have no room anywhere but the footer. (And yes, I am suspended for that very reason).

icebox08

Reaction score
hope they work the vertical ads.. coz there's too many members want the vertical ads specially in corporate and using php nuke site... like me... hehehehe

theghost14

Reaction score
We should be able to choose the size we want.

On the host i work for (Im switching here due to some restrictions) the owner gave us the google page that gives us the sizes for ads so we can change it.

Or you could just post a topic of some of the sizes that you want so people dont just pick those very small ones.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Forgotten so soon? :(

I doubt it got forgotten so much as it's likely not a priority until x10's signups are back on. "Lost but not Forgotten," comes to mind ;)

It'd definetly be handy for corporate users. Myself, I'm still on advanced. Barely used up my Static resources, just needed the sql stuff >_<

the_king_dollars

Reaction score
That really would be nice. In this way, people that have sites hosted on x10 free hosting (especially ones using Corporate) would have more freedom on where to place the ads.