Website Broken?

Status
Not open for further replies.

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I'm getting "PC NEXUS - Portal" at both URLs. Perhaps there's something blocking at your end?

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
I 'see' your URLs as being on free-hosting server [ Vox ]

someone else has the same issue (is on IRC)
others can see the site - but he has no HTTP or client FTP or cPanel or forum access and staff says his IP is not on the server's firewall

compnexu

Reaction score
I've had multiple friends check too. None of them can see the website.

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Are they all using the same ISP? Every once in a while, for instance, Comcast thinks it would be fun to block one of the Free Hosting servers by IP address. (It's normally because of a reported abusive account on the server. Unfortunately, that takes everyone down, not just the target account.)

compnexu

Reaction score
nah i can still see my friends website. thats hosted by X10.

Also i'm using Google DNS

atmossx1

Reaction score
As compnexu said we can access my site atmoss.info (a free site) however we are both using the same isp

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hello,

What @essellar said does appear to be the case. Comcast, your Internet Service Provider, has blocked all connections to the server "Vox". Comcast's decisions are out of x10Hosting's control, but hopefully Comcast will resolve this.

Thank you,

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
But are you on the same Free Hosting server (Level, Absolut or Vox)? (Looks like Dead-i and I were answering at the same time.)

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Your server name will be visible in the browser's address bar on your cPanel account.

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
nah i can still see my friends website. thats hosted by X10.

are they on the same server ?
###

19:57 2014-02-21 UTC
I am on the phone with Comcast - they say IP [ 198.91.81.4 ] was blocked do to a "fishing" (phishing) site - they now understand they blocked a lot of other sites - S/B un-blocked soon

Last edited:

compnexu

Reaction score
Called Comcast and requested to have it fixed. I used my business account and had them put priority on it. They said it should be done within 2-4 hours. Thanks for helping me diagnose the issue Dead-i And thanks X10 for being The best free hosting company on the internet.

rednoise

Reaction score
I'm having the same problem. I can't get to my site or my control panel from my home's Comcast internet connection. I can get to it from outside the Comcast network. I see that others have already contacted Comcast and that they promise to resolve the issue soon. I'll cross my fingers and sit tight for the time being.

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Thanks to everyone who has contacted Comcast about this :)

bobdavcav98

Reaction score
Thanks all, I'm having the same issue. I think I'll call them on Monday anyway because I'm still having email issues. Does anyone else who was having this issue today have a Comcast.net email address? Can you receive emails from your free hosting account?

atmossx1

Reaction score
Thanks all, I'm having the same issue. I think I'll call them on Monday anyway because I'm still having email issues. Does anyone else who was having this issue today have a Comcast.net email address? Can you receive emails from your free hosting account?
You wont have to call once the issue is resolved

bobdavcav98

Reaction score
Can anyone using Comcast reach their site on Vox yet? A reply here said it would be fixed in 2-4 hours, and that reply was posted a little over 4 hours ago and I still can't reach my site.

Status
Not open for further replies.