Weird Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris Z

Reaction score
Thanks very much , but what about my data base problem ? at the topic with title (( A tech Qestion )
Death Zone, please don't steal others' topics. Don't ask your questions in their threads, you already have a thread that you made reserved for your problems. Keep your problems in your own thread if you have already made one on the same subject, unless you have something to suggest.

Spal7e

Reaction score
some1 really needs to help me sort this out. its been 3 days now and the site was fine till that new test script was put up. I tried searching everywhere and am getting no luck on how to fix it. I request one of the account managers or admins to pls help in fixing it up. thanks.

Chris Z

Reaction score
Well first of all, you need to figure out HOW to disable GZip. The majority of your site cannot be viewed because you still have GZip enabled. Also-about the forum_gzkey, is there anything in that database? Is it an exact copy of your other one?

Spal7e

Reaction score
i only have 1 database (which is not called forum_gzkey) and in that, gzip IS disabled. I was told to disable gzip from config.php but there is no parameter in that file for gzip. I disabled gzip for the database im using, using phpmyadmin.

Last edited:

Chris Z

Reaction score
well look for "compression" or something similar in the config file

Skilzat99X

Reaction score
Actually, use phpMyAdmin to search your database for the string "gzip".

I use IPB and thus my gzip setting was stored somewhere in the database. I searched for it and found a few results, the one that mattered was where it found, in part, this:
"disable_gzip";s:1:"0";
The disable gzip setting of IPB was set to 0, which means it wouldn't be disabled. All I had to do was change that "0" to a "1" and voila! It worked!

Death Zone

Reaction score
Actually, use phpMyAdmin to search your database for the string "gzip".

I use IPB and thus my gzip setting was stored somewhere in the database. I searched for it and found a few results, the one that mattered was where it found, in part, this:
"disable_gzip";s:1:"0";
The disable gzip setting of IPB was set to 0, which means it wouldn't be disabled. All I had to do was change that "0" to a "1" and voila! It worked!
Me to using IPB v 2.2.2
where exactly you found that?

Spal7e

Reaction score
well i posted my config.php file on 2nd page...as u can see nothing in it has to do with gzip or compression.

on phpmyadmin in my database under nuke_bbconfig i have gzip_compress set to 0. i tried switching it to 1 but that didnt work either.

Chris Z

Reaction score
If you'd like to disable GZip compression in IPB 2.2.x, in the ACP, click on the "Tools and Settings" tab and then click (on the sidebar) "General Configuration" and then you'll see "Disable GZIP encoding?" about halfway down under the "Page Redirection" Heading

Death Zone

Reaction score
The problem now , thats my acp dont want to open , its gave me blank page like what happend with Spal7e

Chris Z

Reaction score
Well then, go into phpMyAdmin, find the table "ibf_conf_settings", then find id 69 and make the "conf_value" field "1", that should work. If it does not, I don't even know what to tell you.

Death Zone

Reaction score
Umm , its the 1st time for me to use phpMyAdmin , i did press on "ibf_conf_settings" and i saw table , on it "conf_value" what then i will do , i dont know how to change that field ........

i know im asking silly qestions , Sorry

Last edited:

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Ok Hold on I will do something for you.

Spal7e

Reaction score
i need some1 to look into my problem too. gzip isnt the problem cuz i have it disabled everywhere. :dunno: :dunno: :nuts: :nuts:

Spal7e

Reaction score
phpmyadmin > go to the database > clicked nuke_bbconfig (it might be diff for non nuke / phpbb forums) > Browse > and on like 2nd page there was something called gzip_compress > Edit it and set the 2nd value to 0 (if it is 1).

Micro

Retired staff <i> (11-12-2008)</I>
Reaction score
Spale, have you disabled it in the Nuke DB/Config too? Cos there you just disabled it for the forum mod of Nuke.

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
For IPB do this

go to phpMyAdmin, select the database, click "SQL" and put this into the box

Code:
UPDATE `ibf_conf_settings` SET `conf_default` = '1',
`conf_end_group` = '1' WHERE `conf_id` =71 LIMIT 1 ;
then click Go

Please backup your database as I take no responsibility on data loss. I tested this IPB 2.2.2!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.