What do you think of my idea?

Zenax

Reaction score
I have just had an idea for part of one of my sites!

It involves a member area, and it is a bit like other sites, and its not original, but I might require someone to create it for me!

I am thinking of having movable divs, but then is remembered by the browser in a file or something, for each and every single member of the site!

And making the whole of the Members area dynamic, so everything is controlled by them, from the colour of the pages (so skins would be created) down to the layout of their area, and what sort of content you want available.

I know this is on some sites, and I was wondering whether someone would probably help me out a bit, and also what do you guys think of that sort of website? Do you think they are good, and very easy to use or absolutle rubbish, and shouldnt be gone near!

Regards,
Zenax

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Zenax said:
I have just had an idea for part of one of my sites!

It involves a member area, and it is a bit like other sites, and its not original, but I might require someone to create it for me!

I am thinking of having movable divs, but then is remembered by the browser in a file or something, for each and every single member of the site!

And making the whole of the Members area dynamic, so everything is controlled by them, from the colour of the pages (so skins would be created) down to the layout of their area, and what sort of content you want available.

I know this is on some sites, and I was wondering whether someone would probably help me out a bit, and also what do you guys think of that sort of website? Do you think they are good, and very easy to use or absolutle rubbish, and shouldnt be gone near!

Regards,
Zenax

The idea for a custom on each person. For the css I would just use a mysql databse to store everything in them. So do it like the following

Database: css
table name: user1

Contents:
UserID CSS Style

When people register, give them a unique userid, then just use a default css for people who don't have one yet.

Zenax

Reaction score
I shall have to look into it in more depth, I was just wondering whether this sort of site is good, as will it attract more visitors etc?

Regards,
Zenax