what OS

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
I recommend Avast! over AVG or any of the paid softwares any day. If you are very knowledable in software, NOD32 would be the way to go, but if you want paid, Kerpasky. I've had Vista for slightly over a half a year now, and my gaming computer is still running virus free and as fast as if I just reformatted. Again, I have 3GB of RAM in it but Vista right now is only using 15% of that RAM. The rest SuperFetch loaded my programs into (including some games I play a lot) and things run really quick. The paging file is roughly 500MB of usage as well and this system has been on continuously since I built it, only rebooting on Patch Tuesday when I download and install the patches or a game/program wants me to. The programs I have open right now is of course Windows, Mozilla Firefox (which hasn't closed since I rebooted the system last week), Steam, Trillian (both are the same as Firefox, never closed unless rebooted), Windows with Aero enabled, some nVidia processes, and Windows Sidebar and the Windows Services. Not to mention, a system temp monitor that uses only 64KB of RAM that ties into the temp monitoring system in the front of my system case that warns me if the system is getting warm, which it has never done. And processor? I hardly even see it perk above 1% with this running, and with games going I hardly see the processor peak above 30% CPU, even with extreme physics going on.

So there you have it. I can't vouch for you since your browsing habits are most likely different from mine, but try to be a little more careful next time with Windows. It's not hard at all to stay protected, heck even Windows Firewall does it's job right, but you can always go for the extra step. Also, I hope you were not mistaking tracking cookies for viruses. ;)

Last edited:

Zangetsu

Reaction score
windows xp service pack 2 for now when i decide to get a new pc its either gonna be vista (dont say it) or windows 7

Scott

Reaction score
I have Windows Vista SP1 64 Bit Edition, I used to hate Vista, but I love it now... Aero is enabled, can't really tell a difference when I have it disabled and Windows Classic on... I use Kaspersky Internet Security 2009, best thing I've ever bought... Hasn't failed on me yet, in 4 years of using it.