When will new accounts be allowed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghardin

Reaction score
Tried to setup a new account and nothing happens. The message about migrations is still on the screen.
I tried to login but get the message about the account being remove for whatever reason, which is ok as I have not used it in some time. Then It says I can sign up again. But that signup does not work. Message on screen says to try again in early Feb. It is 2/7 today. When will I be able to get a new account or access to my old one?

spacresx

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
They are still doing work on the servers and wont enable new accounts until that is done.
I have no clue on the timeline for when it will be ready to get a new account.
but i wouldn't expect it for a while. will just have to wait and see.

you mentioned you had an old one that was getting removed for whatever reason.
that would either be from a suspension due to not signing in, or violation of terms.
I may be wrong, but If it was was for violations that might effect getting a new account.

also if they have not yet fully removed the old account yet due to the migrations,
you will not be able to create a new one yet until the old one is removed by staff.
(as they dont allow 2 or more accounts)

ghardin2646

Reaction score
They are still doing work on the servers and wont enable new accounts until that is done.
I have no clue on the timeline for when it will be ready to get a new account.
but i wouldn't expect it for a while. will just have to wait and see.

you mentioned you had an old one that was getting removed for whatever reason.
that would either be from a suspension due to not signing in, or violation of terms.
I may be wrong, but If it was was for violations that might effect getting a new account.

also if they have not yet fully removed the old account yet due to the migrations,
you will not be able to create a new one yet until the old one is removed by staff.
(as they dont allow 2 or more accounts)

Ok. Thanks. I understand but it does not help my immediate need. I will try to get the account suspension lifted and see what happens,

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm gonna guess it will be a couple weeks at least before new signups are turned on, from what I heard the plan is to put inactivity counter in place first and even check for any accounts that could be up for termination before we accept new accounts.

Premium hosting does accept new users however if you need an account fast, although it is not free I'd say it isn't very expensive either.

ghardin

Reaction score
I'm gonna guess it will be a couple weeks at least before new signups are turned on, from what I heard the plan is to put inactivity counter in place first and even check for any accounts that could be up for termination before we accept new accounts.

Premium hosting does accept new users however if you need an account fast, although it is not free I'd say it isn't very expensive either.

I have a Premium acct for a domain, but this is for a different project that I need to test in a "live" setting. I don't like to setup a domain and hosting until I have most of the bugs worked out in the site. That is why the free site is best for testing things.

Status
Not open for further replies.