• Win 98

Votes: 11 8.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

islamis4u

Reaction score
Re: Which window you like most?

though i was supporting 98 till ma last reply but i think i had change ma mind because im having much probs on 98 now on as had both sx n 98 so i would xp is the best.

callumacrae

not alex mac
Community Support
Reaction score

XP is definately best.
Can you still get 98?

Loneua Technologies

Reaction score

You are asking us do we like better a 1998 toyota corolla or a 2005 toyota celica. No brainer XP.

Silverspoon

Reaction score

98 still used DOS as it's core backbone... XP can be stripped down to look and feel like 98, and handle drivers and multiple users better than 98.

And 98 would still not be able to read above 37GB HD space due to the DOS and FAT32 limitations right?

islamis4u

Reaction score

98 still used DOS as it's core backbone... XP can be stripped down to look and feel like 98, and handle drivers and multiple users better than 98.

And 98 would still not be able to read above 37GB HD space due to the DOS and FAT32 limitations right?

i have first time come to know that 98 can not read more thhen 37gb i would thanks alot for it.

Mitch

Reaction score

Xp, because the most games run on xp

noerrorsfound

Reaction score

but i think 98 is more fast and easy to install and also not take to much space.
If you want an OS that takes up very little space, get a small distribution of Linux such as Damn Small Linux which is only 50 MB. Program compatibility shouldn't be an issue since support for Windows 98 is getting rarer (so you can't say "but Windows has more compatibility") and you can probably find a Linux-compatible program to replace anything you were using on Windows 98.

phoenix mystic

Reaction score

Windows? I hate them all. Why? Windows uses technology stolen from Apple (though Apple did lose the lawsuit made against Microsoft for said reason), it crashes have the time, it's extremely inefficient, it's not very user-friendly, and it is the most incompatible of operating systems I know of. You can read a Windows disk on a Macintosh (actually, now you can run Windows on a Mac), but you can't read a Macintosh disk on Windows without special software.

Not only that, but it is also considerably less secure than Mac OS X. Granted, not as many people use Mac, but the problem isn't that Windows is more popular (in fact it's not), but it's that Microsoft made most of it's money through licensing, something which Apple chose not to do. Basically, that means any non-Macintosh computer you buy will almost always have windows installed on it for you already. The hardware is produced by more than on manufacturer so, Microsoft sell licenses to those places so they can load an operating system on it. Because of this, prices are cheaper. Apple doesn't do that because they want to be consistant. Consistancey will usually result in higher quality. Therefore, their prices are higher, ergo the lower market share. However, you will note that Microsoft has been in an awful lot of legal disputes that cast a morally grey light on them.

All though...there is always the penguin to consider (linux)...My personal favorite is Ubuntu.

bigjoe4

Reaction score

More freeware is available for windows than for mac though

sunils

Reaction score

I like windows xp. all software have compatibility with xp.

You have a lot of freeware software for xp.

Many games works with xp.

Currently vista also have opportunity. let wait for another year for softwares to pop up.

bigjoe4

Reaction score

windows best for freeware linux best otherwize

Loneua Technologies

Reaction score

I dual boot XP and Vista,

I love Vista.

Despite what everybody says it is a lot better.

DarkenProject

Reaction score

After going through Windows 95, Xp, and Vista as well as Mac OSX, I'm still an Ubuntu user since 6.0. i have never had my PC crash, never had a malicious exploit, and most of all enjoy the FREE price tag. I am working to convince my family, friends, and class mates to make the switch. Usually a visual demonstration of Beryl/Compiz convinces them that linux can look pretty.

Still, I haven't had any problems with Vista; not even close to the stories I've heard and read. Everything installed great (including hardware drivers), I run it for days under the load of BitTorrent/USENET software, and there's no better choice for gaming then Windows (other then maybe Linux + WINE).

hanay

Reaction score

I prefer windows 98 simply because I like to tinker around with computer programming and 98 is more open to such a user ulike xp.

Then again it's obsolete compared to a good old linux system!

dwd2000

Reaction score

As each new operating system comes out, there are many of us that hold on to the one we have, until we are forced to upgrade. I was using 3.1 for a long time after '95 came out. Then I went to '98, then XP. I don't see myself going to Vista any time soon. My wife has a new computer with Vista. It's okay, but not enough to switch. Sometimes, you have to upgrade or even buy newer versions of software when you switch operating systems too.

dirtracer36

Reaction score

My windows 98SE works fine. I don't want to have to shell out almost a couple hundred bucks for something that isn't that much better than what I got. And I don't like Bill Gates and Mickey-soft looking over my shoulder. I may have to switch to Linux. It not bad with a penguin watching, penguins can't talk.

Status
Not open for further replies.