Will this forum upgrade?

C0ldf1re

Reaction score
Apparently this software is hot-hot-HOT!

A new project JOOPAL combines the best of Joomla and Drupal. It will be the de facto standard for not only CMS, but plug-ins will power blogs and forums. WordPress is expected to be toppled from it's place as the king of blogging software. Joopal will also sweep aside vBulletin, SMF, phpBB and other limited forum software.

See it at: http://community.joomla.org/blogs/leadership/780-introducing-joopal.html

Joopal details

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
I know for a fact that our current forum system vBulletin can already do the things you mentioned above. Corey or someone else with ACP access just has to enable it.

callumacrae

not alex mac
Community Support
Reaction score

A new project JOOPAL combines the best of Joomla and Drupal. It will be the de facto standard for not only CMS, but plug-ins will power blogs and forums. WordPress is expected to be toppled from it's place as the king of blogging software. Joopal will also sweep aside vBulletin, SMF, phpBB and other limited forum software.

See it at: http://community.joomla.org/blogs/leadership/780-introducing-joopal.html

Joopal details

Doesn't this count as spamming?

~Callum

techairlines

x10 Flyer
Community Support
Reaction score

Joopal details

Too bad I have absolutely no idea how to download Joopal. :D

Last edited:

kaepos

Reaction score

Joopal details

I'm going to have to say April Fools on that one.

carl6969

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
I'm going to have to say April Fools on that one.
I was reading some of the comments at that link. People were asking for the download link even though it was clear that the whole thing was a joke.

Very funny.

Be skeptical about things you read or hear on April 1. :biggrin:

Last edited:

Smith6612

Community Support
Reaction score
I unfortunately run on the Eastern Time Zone. I become "April Fools" aware the moment Midnight comes by. I really need to change that.

Linkz0rs

Reaction score
I know for a fact that our current forum system vBulletin can already do the things you mentioned above. Corey or someone else with ACP access just has to enable it.

Actually, it's not weather an Admin enabled it or not... The real matter is weather Corey bought the vBulletin Suite. Since vBulletin standard does not come with Blog, or CMS.
A blog would be a nice addition to the x10 community, I believe... But that's over all the staff decision, we could make a vote for it? The only matter of that issue is it would cost money to upgrade the vBulletin license...
But if the Suite was purchased, then yeah it could be enabled.

Smith6612

Community Support
Reaction score
Would explain why it isn't here then. I know that the clan I'm in recently installed vBulletin. I don't take care of the forum software and renewing the license so I wouldn't know what they have in terms of the regular forum software or the Suite. I can say that since you've told me that, they have the Suite.

xav0989

Community Public Relation
Community Support
Reaction score
Speaking of April's fool, did you read google's blog?

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
We have the vB suite the other stuff besides the forums are disabled.

C0ldf1re

Reaction score
Speaking of April's fool, did you read google's blog?

Yes. Professionally done. But not like the original Google.

We can just imagine the tension at the Googleplex:-

"Write a superior April Fool joke! But don't write a joke that will actually have people believing it, otherwise people might get upset and sue us. And remember that this is a job, not fun. Don't enjoy yourself scripting the joke, because your job is always on the line here!"

xav0989

Community Public Relation
Community Support
Reaction score
Yes. Professionally done. But not like the original Google.

We can just imagine the tension at the Googleplex:-

"Write a superior April Fool joke! But don't write a joke that will actually have people believing it, otherwise people might get upset and sue us. And remember that this is a job, not fun. Don't enjoy yourself scripting the joke, because your job is always on the line here!"

I am sure they have a dedicated April's fool team down there. Imaging, your only job is to write the April's fool joke :p kinda like the guy that designs the Google Search logos...

C0ldf1re

Reaction score
Yes. I know about the whole fiasco and why Google "changed" their name to Topeka too!

Sorry, but what "fiasco"? Did I miss something? (And your sig looks yeech, but am I missing the point there too?)

carl6969

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
Like/Hate my sig? AwesomeIt! (PM Me about it)
No PM button. :)
(I know... just kidding around)

Last edited:

C0ldf1re

Reaction score
No PM button. :)

Ok. Ok. Ok. So you're smarter than me? Did you have to rub it in publicly? If you need to point out my inadvertance, wouldn't it have been more tactful to PM me? (Does the phrase, "Hoisted on own petard", ring a bell or two?) :) :)

carl6969

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
Ok. Ok. Ok. So you're smarter than me? Did you have to rub it in publicly? If you need to point out my inadvertance, wouldn't it have been more tactful to PM me? (Does the phrase, "Hoisted on own petard", ring a bell or two?) :) :)

After reading your reply it occurred to me that you actually picked up on the humor in Smith6612's signature before I did - which was just now.:redface:. I now believe I was the one who was Hoisted On My Own Petard.......:redface:

Last edited:

C0ldf1re

Reaction score
If only real life came with an "Edit" button! But I like your sig, ""if women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy""