Resolved x14 Conenction Timed Out

Status
Not open for further replies.

bytex10h

Reaction score
I've been trying to add my email account to an email client, and it kept telling me that the server connection timed out. I spent about 45 minutes trying different settings only to realize that I can't even get to the control panel, when I click "Open cPanel", I receive this error. Is this only me or are others experiencing it?

Edit: Solved

timedout.png

Last edited:

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
I would guess that the repeated mail login failures triggered your IP address to be blocked by the firewall. I'm requesting an admin check if this is the case.

Non-secure mail receiving:
user: [user]@[your domain]
password: [your password]
port: 143 (for IMAP) or 110 (for POP3)
server: [your domain]
Use SSL: No
Authentication type: plain

Non-secure mail sending:
(user, password, server, and SSL all the same)
port: 587

Secure mail receiving:
(user and password are the same)
port: 993 (for IMAPS) or 995 (POP3S)
server: (your server, in this case x14.x10hosting.com)
Use SSL: SSL/TLS

Secure mail sending:
(user and password are the same)
port: 587
Use SSL: STARTTLS

Please note that using [your domain] instead of x14.x10hosting.com will work if you ignore the certificate mismatch. It's not recommended that you ever ignore a certificate error, so using *.x10hosting.com is your best bet. However, your server may change at some unknown date and you will have to correct it.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
I have removed the IP block from our firewall.

Make sure you enter the correct password in your email client.

bytex10h

Reaction score
I have removed the IP block from our firewall.

Make sure you enter the correct password in your email client.
Thanks, sorry about that, I was having a hard time getting email to work. I know my user and pass is correct, but I think the host name was not. I only tried to login once or twice, but left the email sitting in my phone (so Apple Mail was probably repeatedly trying to login every time I opened the mail app). I just switched to these settings:

Incoming
Host Name: x14.x10hosting.com
Use SSL: Yes
Port: 993

Outgoing
Host Name: x14.x10hosting.com
Use SSL: Yes
Port: 587

I tried once more and it failed, so I am still not able to connect to the email, but I don't want to trigger another block by trying again (unless I did already). For now, I have removed the email from my phone, and will await further instructions.

Edit: Resolved. It seems that I was blocked again. I unplugged my modem and reset my IP and all is now good. Solved, thanks again!

Last edited:

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
What kind of error message are you getting for the mail? Those are the settings I'm using (my server is x12 instead of x14) and it works.

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
@bytex10h Were you able to get mail working? Please let us know if you need any further assistance or this thread will be closed for inactivity.

bytex10h

Reaction score
@bytex10h Were you able to get mail working? Please let us know if you need any further assistance or this thread will be closed for inactivity.
I had updated the OP a while ago to say resolved, and my comment regarding the mail issues had this edit 18 hours before your reply to it:

“Edit: Resolved. It seems that I was blocked again. I unplugged my modem and reset my IP and all is now good. Solved, thanks again!”

Sorry for the mix up if you missed it, and thanks for your help. It seems that it was a combination of me being blocked and using the wrong host name.

Status
Not open for further replies.