You don't have permission to access /cgi-bin/test.pl on this server

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjgommo42

Reaction score
I have installed a test.pl script in cgi-bin and I keep getting Error 403.

The script has permissions to be executed, includes the /usr/bin/perl path to Perl, and I have tried to use both the .pl and .cgi extensions.

Do I have to do something to enable the perl module or the execution of Perl scripts from my cgi-bin folder?

Thanks a lot

---------- Post added at 03:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 AM ----------

Hi,

This is an extension of my previous post.

I can not run the "Hello world" script in cgi-bin. I keep getting the 403 error.

The script includes the path /usr/bin/perl and it has execution permissions. I have included an .htaccess file within the cgi-bin folder to allow the execution of CGI scripts and to add handlers for pl extensions.

Options +ExecGCI
AddHandler cgi-script .pl
Allow from all

I have tried also adding and using a .cgi extension and putting another .htaccess file in the public_html folder.

I have read in other post that because of abuse by some members, perl scripting had been disabled, but is quite complicated to know whether it is true or not.

What is the sitution now? What am I doing wrong?

Thanks a lot

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
cgi-bin, ie Perl & Python, has been disabled.

mjgommo42

Reaction score
Hi,

Thanks a lot, Descalzo, for your answer.

Is there any possibility of having cgi-bin enabled soon?

Can I do something to have the possibility of running perl scripts (changing server, domain, whatever)?

Alternatively, can you recommend me another free hosting service in which I could run perl scripts?

Best regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.