Able to Send & Not Receive E-Mails

bringabi

Reaction score
Hello,

As the title suggests I can send but not receive e-mails. I've changed nothing in months and was previously able to do both. Something broke I think. Please help!

spacresx

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
it would help to know a little more information,
for those of us who are not staff members.

what are your settings like ?
are you using recommended settings?

for my smtp and pop settings i use mail.mydomain.com
and all works fine for me.

bringabi

Reaction score
I seem to be having the same issue as the following individual whose thread was closed without a posted work around:
https://x10hosting.com/community/threads/can-send-email-but-not-receive.208421/#post-981875

Additionally, I cannot find on X10 what my DNS/MX records need to look like.

On X10 in DirectAdmin I see:
MX bringabible.com. 14400 10 mail.

On my domain registar under DNS I only see:
Nameserver
ns1.x10hosting.com
ns2.x10hosting.com

No other settings or options from what I can see. Thank you for your investigating!

bringabi

Reaction score
There are only the two entries pointing to the name server on my registrar GoDaddy:
ns1.x10hosting.com
ns2.x10hosting.com

Traditionally I've had entries provided by the webhost I could manually add in DNS for the MX record on the registrar. I've looked around X10 without any luck. I also deleted my e-mail and recreated hoping to find the MX entries to add to the registrar.

This seems to be a common issue without resolution & will point out once more that I could previously send and receive e-mail but without any changes on my part have quit receiving e-mails. The pointed link earlier in the thread relates to a comment by @Anna who thought several accounts were randomly effected by perhaps the same issue. I've setup e-mail on other webhosts before and this, for whatever reason, has me completely confused.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Try now. I corrected the MX record.