Cannot create a directory

Status
Not open for further replies.

inadim8956

Reaction score
When trying to create a directory via either CMD or FileZilla, I get "550 Can't create directory: Disk quota exceeded"

Please assist.

REOPENING: Issue still remains even though I removed lots of files ... I don't have access to CPanel from where I am right now due to network restrictions and access ports. So tried to check usage on the "Hosting Account Management" but I couldn't cause there are nothing to show the usage.

NEED HELP.

Last edited:

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
Scratch what I said here before.

I've got a question. Please go to your cpanel and look at the disk space you have left available there. Does it exceed 1 gig? If so, then you can't upload or create any directories until you make space for it. Please look at this thread about the new disk space policy and see if you qualify for to request for removal of space limitations. http://x10hosting.com/forums/news-announcements/172734-disk-space-policy-change.html

Last edited:

inadim8956

Reaction score
Scratch what I said here before.

I've got a question. Please go to your cpanel and look at the disk space you have left available there. Does it exceed 1 gig? If so, then you can't upload or create any directories until you make space for it. Please look at this thread about the new disk space policy and see if you qualify for to request for removal of space limitations. http://x10hosting.com/forums/news-announcements/172734-disk-space-policy-change.html

If you check the topic, I have updated it with another problem ... I understood the disk space policy, and have deleted some files to be able to upload others.

Kindly check the "Reopening" part. Thanks.

xav0989

Community Public Relation
Community Support
Reaction score
First level support unfortunately do not have access to all your account stats, so we do not know the actual disk space that your account is using. To be able to further help us, we would need to know how much space you are using.

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
"Hosting Account Management" is not the cPanel. Please try to find a way to get to your cPanel to see your stats. As xav0989 said, some of us cannot see this kind of detail for your account. If the situation is because what I've guessed it is, then you'll need to take action to get under the 1 gig limit or request for the disk space limits to be lifted for you.

Until you can find this out, then I've done all I can to help troubleshoot this issue. If you still can't get to your cPanel no matter what, then you're going to have to make a choice. Access to the cPanel is very important for you to be able to manage your own hosting account. You cannot rely on any of us to manage your free hosting account for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.